December 4, 2011

Review: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

Today, I'll being doing a review of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. Maybelline has developed a few different types of mousse foundation for a range of needs. Dream Smooth for Dry skin, Dream Liquid for Normal skin, and Dream Matte for Oily skin. 

     I must say, for a drugstore foundation, this is amazing. It keeps my face matte for a long time, but doesn't dry out my skin. It makes my face look flawless without having to put on a ton of foundation. 
    
 As for application, I tried using a sponge, a variety of brushes, and my fingers, but my best application has been with a duo-fiber brush. I tap it onto the product to get it on the brush, then swirl it around to apply on my face. It usually requires little to no blending.


This foundation also comes in a range of colors. Whether you are pale or dark skinned, you will find a color for you. They tend to look orange in the container, but don't be discouraged. Once applied, the right shade should melt right in.


For such an inexpensive foundation, I highly recommend this product. When paired with the Dream Matte Powder, your face will stay matte all day. Unfortunately, the concealer doesn't work as well. If you've ever tried the the concealer and didn't like it, don't let it taint your opinion about the foundation. If you need a concealer, choose a pot concealer or a cream concealer.

Happy shopping :)
Bullard

No comments:

Post a Comment